FLORIDA HOUSE LEADERSHIP
Founder, Chairman Emeritus
Louise Lykes Ferguson, Active
D. Burke Kibler*
Elizabeth Lindsay, Active
Sarah D. McKay
Ex Officio Trustees
First Lady Ann Scott, Honorary Chairman
Rhea Chiles, Founder, Chairman Emeritus
Grace Nelson, Senior Vice Chairman
Pat Mica, Senior Vice Chairman
Past Board Presidents
Janet R. Studley
Deanna Pitman Kirchman
Stephanie Sears Edwards
Anne Barnett Hazel
Sandy Baldwin Thomas
Michael R. Hightower
Terri R. Shikany
Cynthia B. O'Connell
- Attend two Board Meetings each year to advise and support the Board in its role as the governing body, creating and sustaining the rules and policies of theThe Board meeting in Florida in the fall and Washington, D.C. in the spring. The dates are set when the year’s Congressional Calendar is finalized.
- Assist in developing the annual budget, provide financial oversight and ensure that proper financial controls are in place.
- Serve on or advise the organization’s standing committees.
- Support the mission of Florida House and the short and long-term strategies set forth by the Board to ensure successful operations and resources.
- Serve as an ambassador for Florida House within one’s own community.
- Make a minimum yearly financial commitment, the amount which is set by the Board.
- Engage with other Trustees in geographical areas (chapters) for fundraising purposes, and participate in donor cultivation andAs Florida House is solely supported by private contributions, fundraising is a primary Trustee function. Each chapter is charged with yearly raising $15,000 to support Florida House.