We love welcoming school groups to Florida House. Our convenient location allows groups to start their day with us, or stop by between visits to the Capitol, Supreme Court, Library of Congress or your Congressional Member's office.
Call 202-546-1555 in advance and advise us of the date and approximate time you plan to arrive. Florida House is open Monday - Friday, 9 am - 5 pm and closed for all Federal holidays.
Here is what you can expect when your group visits Florida House:
- A warm welcome that includes a complimentary glass of Florida orange juice.
- A history of the house, built in 1891.
- A discussion of federal and state government.
- A tour of the house.
- Take a group photo. We will post it on facebook.
- Take individual photos with our famous Capitol view.
- Fill out a postcard or take one with you.
- Visit the Congressional Delegation map and get information on your representative and senators. Stop by the visitor's gallery for a selection of brochures from the area.
- Watch House or Senate proceedings on C-SPAN.
We can also provide contact information for local restaurants that can provide box lunches to be eaten at Florida House.
For other helpful hints about visiting Washington, D.C., Click Here.